Browsing All Posts filed under »Game Development«

Terminal Font in BMFont(*.fnt) Format

July 28, 2011

0

I have been looking for an easy way to use Terminal in my programs. I tried using Perfect DOS VGA 437, but it didn’t support all of CP437’s characters. So I decided to find a bitmap version of Terminal, and ended up making one myself. First I pieced together a png image that contained all […]

June 5, 2011

0

Finished implementing midpoint displacement. It took a while to translate the pseudocode to Java. And a few inadvertent mistakes made the VM run out of memory. I’m setting my hopes on its integrity, so I won’t have to debug it anymore. Frankly, the pseudocode was hard enough. The iffy scrolling has also been assuaged corrected. […]

The Midpoint Displacement Hassle

June 5, 2011

0

I have migraines and bloodshot eyes. Or at least I think I do. I’ve spent the last hour or so coming up with pseudocode algorithms for MPD: Another cause for the migraines might be that looking at a fantastic game written by someone else always gets me down. Like ADOM. Like Dwarf Fortress. Like… nevermind. […]

June 2, 2011

0

I figured out how to use the reference implementation of Improved Noise. Note to myself: when using improved noise with integer values, always remember to multiply the input value by some decimal. It will return only zeros if you don’t! Here’s a screenshot. I plan to try out midpoint displacement next. Perlin noise will come […]

May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011

0

I added in a bunch of game “states,” like the “world generation state” and the “options state.” None are fully implemented, but I’m getting there. A data structure for keeping track of “visited” pages in-game has been added. Now navigation works the way it should. Oh, and about the BMFonts I talked about, it didn’t […]

Progressing…

May 30, 2011

0

So I had a problem with UnicodeFont not loading the glyphs I requested. Then ensued a manic search on Google for the answer, a rapid skimming of stuff on Extended Unicode characters in Java, and a tad bit of hopelessness… I later (today, that is) found that I had two duplicate methods for loading the […]

May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011

0

Worked up the main menu, added UnicodeFonts with color effects. The menu is now functional.